Why Do We Have a Furniture Quality Rating System? Furniture shopping doesn't have to be difficult or confusing to find the quality you expect. At Big Sandy Superstore every product is given a rating based on the quality of construction and the materials used. With a better rating comes a better quality of materials and craftsmanship for longer-lasting products. We take the guesswork out of furniture shopping, so you know exactly what you're getting.
- Value driven, stylish home furnishings
- Fashionable upholstery selection
- Durable, economically sourced construction materials including OSB and Pine frames
- Standard Foam cushions
- Sofa back support with non-stretch webbing
- Bedroom and Dining construction materials include engineered wood with select hardwoods and veneers
- Center or side metal drawer glides
- Fashion forward and custom order fabric and leather choices
- Enhanced framing may include plywood, hardwood solids or steel reinforcement
- Upgraded cushions featuring higher quality, denser foam or coil seating inserts
- Advanced construction techniques and reinforcement such as corner blocking and mortise and tenon joinery
- Full extension , ball-bearing drawer glides
- Multistep wood finishes
- Premium leather and fabric selection
- Superb craftsmanship, materials and constructions techniques for heirloom quality furniture selection
- Premium foam and support systems for ultimate seating comfort.
- Solid wood construction and artisan veneers offer beautiful details with lifelong durability
- Soft close, ball-bearing drawer glides
- Premium hardware selection on bedroom and dining furniture
DETERMINES THE SHAPE AND OVERALL STRENGTH OF YOUR SEAT
POSSIBLE FRAME MATERIALS
Solid Wood: Hardwood - Cherry, Birch, Maple, Oak, and Poplar are some of the higher quality woods used in furniture production; very high density and hardness
Softwood - Pine, Cedar; lower density and hardness than hardwoods
Plywood: Manufactured wood engineered from slices of lumber that are glued together under high pressure.
OSB: (Oriented Strand Board) Manufactured wood made using wood chips that are glued together under heat and high pressure.
DETERMINES THE EVENNESS AND STABILITY OF YOUR SEAT
POSSIBLE SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
Blue Steel Construction: Thick tempered steel bands spaced every few inches across the length of the frame.
Tornado Coils: Heavy gauge vertical springs attached to the frame or sinuous springs.
Sinuous Springs: S-shaped springs spaced every few inches across the length of the frame.
Web Suspension: Elastic bands or non-stretch webbing stretched across the frame and tacked into place.
DETERMINES THE OVERALL LOOK AND FEEL OF YOUR SEAT
POSSIBLE CUSHION MATERIALS
Foam: Commonly made out of polyurethane; it can be classified by density (firmness) and resiliency (lifespan).
Coils: Coil springs are at the center of the cushion, individually wrapped and encased in foam.
Dacron Wrap: Polyester fiber, Dacron, wrapped around the cushion core as a comfort layer.
Feather/Down Wrap: Feather blends are wrapped around the cushion core to enhance softness, then encased in down ticking to prevent feathers from puncturing the cushion.